Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Starts

I came back from college for the summer with four suitcases shoved full of clothes, a backpack filled with purses, and a carry-on brimming with shoes. As I rolled my baggage into my house, Mommie Dearest told me to put the suitcases in the living room before I unpacked as we were going to "review my clothes first." M.D. has been reading this book What to Wear for the Rest of Your Life, by Kim Johnson Gross (totally recommend reading it, love it!), and now is all about "Forever Clothes." So, out of six bags, the clothes that ended up in my closest would only fill three. On top of that, we also removed two black trashbags of shoes and other clothes I had left here when I moved. I own a lot of clothes apparently...
The removal of clothes wasn't easy, and I fought M.D. all along the way, and bargained my way into a few new dresses from her (stay tuned for those!!! going to be super cute!). I've picked my Fashion Idols (Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Ingrid Bergman, I'm all about classic films...), and am now beginning my journey to Classic Chic.
So here I am, blogging about my closet as it gets refilled with clothes reminiscent of Golden Holywood with a modern twist. My Mental Twin, (see her blog here: http://lagarconneme.blogspot.com) gets updates every time I shop, so I am sure I'll be writing about her input too.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete